12/20/2012

Jekaterina. The Council of the Baltic Sea States. Sweden, Stockholm.


I am a Master degree student in Real Estate Management with the Bachelor degree in Business Management at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University. It is International Relations Office in VGTU who provided me with the information about Partners4Value internship opportunities and now I am very thankful for that. Cannot mention UNDP team here, who I also should THANK for given amazing advises and for the support they provided while arranging the documents. The experience I gained during my internship is extremely valuable and some sort of kick-off to my future career. The internship I chose in Stockholm was a perfect combination of my interests linked to both my Bachelor degree studies and my current Master degree.

The internship and working experience

The Council of the Baltic Sea States Secretariat.

The Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) is a political forum for intergovernmental cooperation in the Baltic Region which addresses the five priority areas of the environment, economic development, energy, education and culture, civil security and human dimension, including trafficking in human beings. Being a Core Team assistant in the CBSS Secretariat I learned how an actual high level work is realizing. Participation in the meetings of The Committee of Senior Officials (high ranking representatives of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the 11 CBSS Member States as well as of the European Commission) helped me to have a clear understanding how an intergovernmental organisation can influence the environment around the Baltic Sea and beyond, and this is something that really happening! In this organisation as a core team assistant I had a chance to improve my working individually skills, because during my previous work experiences I became more a team worker. You will never get bored in the CBSS! Secretariat consists of several units who are developing different projects in different priority areas, so if you have a wish you are very welcome to take an interest in others works! Thus, I used my chance and got an experience in Communications department where we developed and realized the project designed for young emerging talents in creative and business industries / project start-ups in selected countries in the Baltic Sea Region. The programme aimed to give participants intercultural training and practical tools for successful project development. It also aimed to help them build a network of innovative individuals in the region. 
So all in all, extremely valuable experience, environmental business knowledge and beneficial network gained during my internship in Stockholm, CBSS Secretariat.  


My personal office in the CBSS Secretariat.

Living in Stockholm
Fascinating Stockholm

Expensive. Charming. International. Snowy. Royal. AWESOME city tours for FREE. Intercultural. Easy to communicate. Art. Subway. Nature. H&M. Water all around. Bridges. Ravishing. Crowded. Safe. New technology even in elderly people’s hands. Honest.  Islands. Gamla Stan (Old town). Boats. Sober. IKEA. Lack of day light. Nobel. Fantastic. City and house decorations. Sublime. Work. All-sufficient. Sun appreciation. Trust. Friendliness. Elegant. Modern. Attractiveness. Museums. Comfort. Sky bar. Celebrations. Renting. Education. Business. Rich. Fabulous. Worth!

Astonishing Gamla Stan (Old Town) 


  Marvelous City Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment