12/10/2012

Ieva/ The internship in Vienna/ 2012 autumn



I am a political science and international relations student at the Vilnius University in Lithuania and now an intern at the Research Institute for Managing Sustainability in Vienna, Austria. Me and my fellow colleague and friend Vaida, in the beginning of this spring accidentally found out about the Partners4Value internship opportunities and decided to take a leap of fate and try to apply. We looked trough the internship notices that were available, we met with the Lithuanian UNDP office staff that helped us a lot and finally our choice was Vienna. The internship offer matched our study programme requirements, our interests in politics, global problems, diplomacy and etc., so we thought that this chance will go best in line with our career prospects.
The internship and working experience
Research Institute for Managing Sustainability (RIMAS) views a sustainable development as an important challenge for our time, so  here this topic is addressed from a variety of angles including Corporate Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Good Governance, innovation research, and sustainable consumption. I got a chance to join the team of researches, help them in preparing projects, conferences, analyzing United Nations Development Goals, doing literature research and bunch of other interesting tasks, that I hope will be useful in the future. I believe that this experience will help me improve my personal communication skills, academic knowledge. I hope that I have contributed the think-tank office‘s broader politics and work. This internship has thought me confidence to take initiative and successfully organize work related tasks.
Living in Vienna
It's always hard to choose a favourite travel and living destinations, but Vienna must be close to the top of mylist as it offers so much to do and see. The noble architecture of the city can be a sweep at first glance, but if you take a better look at Vienna, you’ll see that there are many more things that will make you stick with it. The autumn is perfect in here: the weather is warm and pleasant, you can walk around and enjoy every little park, tourist spot or small beautifull street in the city. In my free time I had a chance to enjoing travelling around, getting to know the culture, the history, the people and the elegance of the city in the night – everything is worth seeing and especially when living here for a longer period of time! Vienna is a beautiful, orderly, and city with equal doses of old world charm and metropolitan sophistication.


I had a time of my life here!
Ich hatte eine Zeit in meinem Leben:)

No comments:

Post a Comment