2/05/2013

Intership in Cyprus. Summer 2012

This summer was quite unusual in comparing with all other. All started in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen - Cyprus. 

In my mother country summer seems not like real summer, so because of that I decided to go somewhere, where I will be able to feel real spirit of summer, and of course feel the real work practice abroad. I found UNDP program, field in all necessary documents to have internship, and I went to Cyprus, Limassol. 

                                                                   Trodos, Cyprus 

It was something that is very difficult to describe, because I hadn’t had something similar to that before.

I am studying at Vilniaus College, University of Applied Sciences, Management of Cultural activities. I applied to work at ShipCon Limassol Ltd., where I had all possibilities to try myself and to see what I really can. This company is a leading research and consultancy organization, providing a lot of different services to clients.

Almost every day I worked at the office, where I had a lot of things to do. Usually I was there with my lovely director Agnieshka, Stratos and Martina, and two another trainees from Lithuania. All of us were all the time very busy. We were searching for partners, writing projects, communicating with foreigners and taking part in different kinds of projects. It is pleasant that I had a lot of things to do, because of that I was able to feel what means to work hard and be happy of the results of the work.

                                               With Stratos (right) and guests from Vilnius

The most pleasant memories of working part were when we had to implement “Youth in Action” project. We were doing all organizational work, communicating with participants, going to excursion together with them and had really nice time.

                                                 With Naoum and Inga.National Evening

All working staff I was working with was so friendly, polite and hospitable. They were very helpful. If I had troubles, or just if I asked them for something, they always were open to help me. We had a lot of time together, because of that we became like one small family, with our own happiness, deals and troubles. We were going out together, communicating, joking and having fun. I am completely happy that I was working in that organization. They taught me how to be strong, how to reach my own goals and how to never give up.
                                                    ShipCon Limassol Director, Agnieszka

In the first days living in Cyprus was real challenge. It was very difficult to adapt to the hot weather, because in Lithuania maximum temperature in summer time is 30 degrees, when in Cyprus it was approximately 38-40. But 2 weeks later I adapt, and I feel in love in Cyprus weather. Also I feel in love in Mediterranean Sea, mountains, Cypriots, all cities where I have been, and all islands at all. If someone ask me, if I had another chance to go there, without any doubts I would say YES. 
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment