4/26/2012

Lina Jasaite. SHIPCON LIMASSOL LTD, Limassol, Cyprus


SHIPCON LIMASSOL LTD is a leading Research and Consultancy business entity offering highly added value services to clients and investors both in the private and public sectors. Operating in the island of Cyprus the company aims to offer pioneer solutions in a wide range of services and sectors of the Cyprus economy.

Lina with her Greek colleague
My every day is a bit different, however, usually my working day starts in the car of  my colleague, who is picking me up in the mornings. This is the only solution to get quickly to the office because even though Limassol is not a big city, public transportation is not the most convenient here. My tasks are quite diverse, I promote activities of the company, manage and coordinate present projects, create proposals for future projects. I work alongside colleague who is coordinating my works.
Maria (Cypriot) helps Lina with translations

My colleagues are friendly, Shipcon Limassol Ltd can be described as an innovative company which leads me to the communicating with most of my colleagues online, cause some of them are so called external consultants and work for this company in foreign countries. I am always next to my coordinator, so all questions are answered. The atmosphere here is very informal, however, everybody is working a lot. Team is results oriented.

Lina with her Polish colleague

There were some problems with finding a proper place to stay, however, I am living in an apartment with the sea view at the moment, so all went good in the end. There are plenty of expats in Cyprus, so you do not feel awkward here. Most of the people speak English here, which makes my stay much easier.

Cyprus lies at the crossroads of three continents and you really feel it’s diversity in that sense. Cyprus is an island full of foreigners; you do not feel weird, because the diversity of nationalities here reminds cosmopolitan cities. Tourism, financial services, and shipping are significant parts of the economy. I am staying in Limassol, which geographical location is very convenient, you can reach all main cities, towns and nice areas in about an hour. As I have mentioned above, Cyprus is the country where it is not difficult to adjust. What I found most challengeable is the opposite direction of driving.

Lina's first brunch at Limassol


All work is result oriented  in my internship . We do not necessarily lead typical working hours which means that there is a room for  time management skills development. I enjoy my leisure a lot, there are many things to do in Cyprus: travel, relax next to the beach or get the party started.

Secret beaches out of the city

I enjoy seeing how people can break stereotypes: this company operating in Cyprus does not match my typical imagination of Cypriot style company,  I find  inspiring when you can see hard working people who are results oriented and always in the developing stage.

I knew what I am looking for as well as I have figured out a lot about company’s profile and it’s activities before coming here, this is the reason why my expectations were met. I have never done “Erasmus” internship, so I could not compare. However, I can assume that  “Partners 4 Value” internship has an advantage towards “Erasmus”, because the companies which are offered for students from UNDP are diverse and reliable.

What would I say to somebody who is thinking about applying for the internship?! Just go go go !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    jobs in life Sciences

    ReplyDelete